Sunday, January 5, 2014

clean slate.

With every fresh start (aka a new year), there’s the incessant need to make a drastic change in your life.  This year, I have three specific hopes and goals that I want to achieve…slowly.  Like a tortoise.  I know that if I jump in head first with all my might, it won’t pay off in the end.  I need to take my time, listen to myself, and reflect – a lot (because Lord knows I learned how to do that in college – better put that to use). 

My three main goals are… *drum roll please*

1.    Love myself.
2.    Love Lee.
3.    Love Jesus.

I’m not saying I don’t do any of those right now, I just know that I could do all those far, far better.  I want to learn to recognize my flaws, understand how I can change things about myself (and do it!) and set myself up for a positive outcome (ya know, instead failure – because everyone hates failure). 

I want to focus on listening to my body and giving it good things to eat, moving it, and loving that its mine.  I want to plan my life so that it can be as stress-free as possible.  I want to embrace lists.  (They help, Aubrey, don’t try to deny it.)

I want to be a better wife to my husband.  I want to work towards being the best team we can be, because let’s face it – we are a team.  I need to stop trying to be so individualized. 

Lastly, I want to know that I am doing my part to have a healthy relationship with Jesus.  I don’t do much now.  I have a lot of room to grow.  I am so looking forward to that growth. 

I’m really excited for 2014.  I’m excited for the possibilities, for the fresh start that we get every 365 ¼ days.  And please don’t worry, I’ll fill you in along the way. 


(Image via Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment