Monday, July 23, 2012

(wedding) cardigan DIY.

what up kids.  i'm showing you a quick DIY i used for my wedding attire.  since my dress was strapless, i thought i'd be more comfortable if i wore a cute little cardi after the ceremony was over (in the end, i ended up taking it off because it was hot and i didn't care who saw my flabby arms.  i was married then; everyone important was already locked in ;).).  i knew i wanted to bedazzle said cardigan and so needle felting became the bedazzle avenue of choice.

here's how it all went down...
wedding cardigan
wedding cardigan
wedding cardigan
i got all of my supplies, sans cardigan, at hobby lobby.
(at first i got cream-colored roving and was going to poke it into my "molds" like i saw on pinterest
 instead of using them to cut out my shapes.
after i played around with that method, it seemed that cutting them would be easiest.)
wedding cardigan
wedding cardigan

once you have your shapes cut, place them where you want on your fabric, put the stabilizing block underneath, and start poking.
wedding cardigan

and poking.  and poking.  and poking.
wedding cardigan
wedding cardigan
once all edges and the middle are secure, you're done!
i put hearts near my shoulders on the front and a little cluster on my shoulder in the back.
i love this DIY because i'm still wearing that cardigan and it's pretty cute even with my everyday clothes ;).

xoxo,
aubrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment