Sunday, January 8, 2012

the start of the rest of my life.

hi guys.  i'm making tomorrow into kind of a big deal, even though it's just another day in january.  tomorrow is the day i rethink completely change my lifestyle with both healthy eating and exercise.  i want to make this change seem momentous so that i don't abandon this plan by wednesday when eating chocolate bar after chocolate bar will sound so good.  i want this change to feel exciting and important and long-term, because it is.  and i must remember that.

this is my new motto and i will repeat it to myself everyday, for as long as it takes.
for forever.



i know that this journey won't be easy and i know that it won't be fun.  but the end result (a healthy me) will be worth it.  worth every antic, fistful of tears, and bouts of self-doubt.  i'll be using this space to track my process, to hold me accountable, and to help me see the results.  i'll post more specifics later, but for the time being, please keep me in your prayers.  this won't be easy, but God'll help me, this i know :).  

some of my before pictures...

<3 a.e.



  

1 comment:

  1. That's really awesome! I'm trying to do the same thing. I am a really unhealthy eater (well, I WAS!). My biggest downfall is sugar. And my mom is diabetic so that runs in my family. And then me and my mister watched a documentary, Forks Over Knives, and that was the tipping point. Ever since, we've tried to shop smarter. We are getting better, but it is an uphill battle.

    I'm really proud of you! It takes a lot of discipline and it's testing mine already. >_<

    ReplyDelete